History & Mission
The Solutions Federal Credit Union was founded in May of 1952, originally it was called the Remington Rand FCU and serviced those employees. In 1981 the name was changed to Southport Federal Credit Union and membership expanded to those people who lived, worked, or worshiped in the townships of Ashland, Southport and that part of Elmira south of the Chemung River. In 1999 the membership was expanded again to include all of the town and city of Elmira, plus afore mentioned townships. Presently we have grown to 23 million dollars in assets and are able to offer our members a multitude of services. We have been very blessed over the last 60 years and we consider it a privilege to have helped so many in the past and we look forward to many more years of serving our members in the future.
To encourage thrift by providing personalized financial services which are reasonably priced, competitive, and of value to our members. While maintaining financial security and upholding the credit union philosophy of “People Helping People”.