Solutions Federal Credit Union is owned by its members and run by a board of directors you elect. You can be confident that your financial privacy is a top priority of this credit union. We are required by law to give you this privacy notice to explain how we collect, use and safeguard your personal financial information. If you have any questions, please contact a member service representative at 607-734-7144.
We are committed to providing you with competitive products and services to meet your financial needs, which necessitates that we share information about you to complete your transactions and to provide you with certain financial opportunities. In order to do so, we have entered into agreements with other companies that provide either services to us or additional financial products for you to consider.
Under these arrangements, we may disclose all of the information we collect, as described below, to companies that perform marketing or other services on our behalf or to our financial institutions with whom we have joint marketing agreements. To protect our members’ privacy, we only work with companies that agree to maintain strong confidentiality protections and limit the use of information we provide. We do not permit these companies to sell to other third parties the information we provide to them.
Information We Collect And Disclose About You
We collect and may disclose non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on membership and loan applications
and other forms
- Information about your transactions with us or others.
- Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies.
- Information obtained when verifying the information you provide on an application or other forms, such as from your current or past employers or from other institutions where you conduct financial transactions.
- Solutions CardControl application periodically collects, transmits, and uses geolocation information to enable features that prevent fraudulent card use and send alerts, but only if the End User expressly authorizes collection of such information. Geolocation information can be monitored on a continuous basis in the background only while the CardControl is being used or not at all, depending on the End User's selection. End Users can change their location permissions at any time in their device settings.
We may also disclose information we collect about you under other circumstances as permitted or required by law. These disclosures typically include information to process transactions on your behalf, conduct the operations of our credit union, follow your instructions as you authorize, or protect the security of our financial records.
If you terminate your membership with Solutions Federal Credit Union, we will not share information we have collected about you, except as permitted or required by law.
How We Protect Your Information
We restrict access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who have a specific business purpose in utilizing your data. Our employees are trained in the importance of maintaining confidentiality and member privacy. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations and leading industry practices to safeguard your nonpublic personal information.
You May Opt Out
If you prefer that we do not disclose non-public information about you to non-affiliated third parties, you may opt out of those disclosures, that is, you may direct us not to make those disclosures (other than disclosures permitted by law). Non-member joint account holders, co-borrowers and guarantors may exercise this right to opt out. For joint account holders, we will treat an opt-out request as applying to everyone listed on the account unless you direct us otherwise. If you wish to opt out of our disclosures to non-financial companies such as retailers, direct marketers, and publishers, or others such as non-profit organizations, you may call us or mail your request to us.